23 October 2007

Visa, Part II

Just a short post to follow up on my previous message concerning my visa. I retrieved my passport from Haus 20 this morning. I am now legally living and working in Germany! Provided, of course, that work is at the Max Planck Institute.

When I dropped of my passport last week, I was told not to pay the fee at that time, but that the fee would be collected when I received my visa. I asked today about the fee and was told "No fee". These aren't questions you ask twice, so I took my pass and left. Fancy that - no visa fee!

Finally, I need to mention that one of the beneficial side effects of spending all this time in the city hall is that I now know where some clean, free toilets are located in downtown Potsdam. (Yup, sorry folks, the visa might be free but most public toilets are not free. Signs indicating "frei" mean "unoccupied".)

No comments: