05 October 2007

Park Sanssouci to Golm (Max Planck Institute)

From the Park Sanssoucci, I pass along Kaiser-Friedrich-Strasse through the neighborhood of Eiche on the west end of Potsdam.

This second picture is "downtown" Eiche, which has a store, a pharmacy, and a couple cafe/restaurants. This is the closest commercial district to the Institute, which is actually quite isolated on the edge of the country-side.

Here are some pictures of the ride from Eiche to the Institute.


This is the nice bike path from the Golm train station to the institute (about 10 minutes on foot); the yellowish building is the guesthouse where I'm living right now.

2 comments:

Corrinne said...

It's so great seeing all these pics, Paul! Love the big Ritter bar! :) I'll have to get one when we're there.

brian said...

Good to see you're doing a lot of posting on your blog, Paul. It's grow quite a bit since I last checked it out (in August?). The Germany pics are great. Keep on a rockin'.