Historically, Potsdam was really put on the map by Frederick the Great, who built a big Schloss here. Over time several other palaces, gardens, etc have been constructed about what is Parks Sanssouci and Charlottenhof (the run together). I haven't even begun to explore the parks, but will share some pictures from the bike route through the park which I (usually) take when heading into town.
First, I pass by the edge of the Friderizianisher Garten, which is set up on a huge staircase of terraces, topped by a palace type building. Here's the view from the bike path.

The park has lots and lots of nice paths winding through fields and trees. Here is a typical view.
Finally, on my way out of the park I pass by the "New Palace" (Neues Palais). This is one huge building - so big I couldn't get in all in one photo. Here is one end...
1 comment:
Did you know Schloss Sanssouci was the summer palace of Frederick the Great. I highly recommend touring it if you get the chance! Josh
Post a Comment