I left Sweden on Friday night (31 Oct) as it began to snow and am now back in Potsdam. Not much news, but since this blog is titled "Where's Allen?" I thought I should let you all know at least which country I am in.
I did go for a nice walk through the woods around Potsdam this afternoon, ending up at the Institute. The leaves are mostly turned and many have fallen, but the fields are still green. It is a mostly foggy day, with a bit of sun peaking through, and the walk was very pleasant and relaxing.
One thing I really like about living here is that I can walk out of my apartment building and in 10 minutes be in a huge park, which I can exit into the woods and farmland. Yet I can also walk out of my apartment at 10:00 in time to catch the 10:05 streetcar to the train station (or just walk 10-15 minutes to the station) and be on the 10:19 train to central Berlin, arriving 20-30 minutes later, depending on which end of Berlin I am visiting.
I bought a wurst and some potatoes at the market yesterday and so I will now walk back home and have a traditional German meal of wurst, potatoes and rotkohl, a sort of purple-cabbage based sauerkraut which is served warm. Yum!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Rotkohl is one of my favorite foods. Have you tried Kloese (round potato dumplings)? One of my favorite meals includes Sauerbraten, Rotkohl, and Kloese.
Post a Comment