21 November 2008

Expert Vegetable Peeling

I purchased a vegetable peeler the other day. Normally I don't peel my vegetables, but the potatoes I got at the market last week really needed peeling. Normally purchasing a vegetable peeler would not be blog-worthy news, but this is no ordinary peeler. Here is a view of this special tool.



Note that it has two sharp blades, including one exposed blade. Given my own personal experience, the purpose of this second blade is to cut fingers on whatever hand is not holding the peeler. Furthermore, from personal experiences I can tell you that the peeler is very sharp!

Another feature of this peeler is that it comes recommended by "World Champion Helmut Zipner". It is not clear in what field of expertise he is the champion, but it is comforting to know that I am now peeling my potatoes with the tools of champions. (I'm sure Helmut eats his Wheaties, too!) Here is the packaging which come with my peeler, including a picture of Champion Zipner himself.


No comments: