Here is what my street looked like first thing in the morning.

Here is the Jagertor, one of the decorative gates to the inner city of Potsdam.

Here is Friedenskirche, one of my favorite churches in Potsdam, located on the edge of Park Sanssouci.

Here is the main building of Schloss Sanssouci, as viewed from the gardens below.

I had a nice brisk morning walk and then had some colleagues over for a "middle-eastern" lunch. We made a buffet of Turkish bread, hummos, ajvar, feta with olive oil and zatar (a thyme-based spice mix), cucumber, and tomatoes. We ended the meal with some baklava I had purchased the day before in Berlin. Yum!
2 comments:
It's wonderful to see the snow!! In Israel, I keep having to check my watch (which is digital and displays the date) to remind myself that it's almost Thanksgiving back home.
Yay for snow! It's hard to believe there is snow after all the hot weather we had there in the summer. But there is something about snow that is truely European!
-Mark
PS. this is my first post, so hope it works.
Post a Comment