06 November 2008

Pumpkin Soup

I bought a pumpkin at the Potsdam farmers' market last weekend and decided to make soup. Here I show pictures from most of the stages the pumpkin went through en route to becoming delicious soup.

It all began with this pumpkin.I spent a good amount of effort removing the guts and rind - special thanks to the Halverson knife!
I also purchased this "soup bundle" at the market. For only one euro one can get two carrots, a quarter of a celery root, half a turnip - and some leeks, green onions, and parsley. Certainly a good start to any soup!
Everything was boiled until mushy, and then processed in the blender. I also added some yogurt and milk. I seasoned the soup with cumin and a dash of nutmeg.
No autumn soup is complete without a good, solid corn muffin. I made a batch from the Baking Illustrated book. Yum!

No comments: