17 November 2007

Hendersons' Visit

The Hendersons came to visit for the week which was wonderful. We had a good time exploring greater Berlin, eating pastries, and seeing some things here in Potsdam which I hadn't had a chance to see yet. I also enjoyed showing off the institute and our local Saturday farmer's market - complete with roasted chestnuts.

Jason kindly helped me finish installing the lights in the apartment - when I moved in there were only bare wires protruding from the ceiling - and Corrinne gave some good suggestions for sprucing the place up so that it feels more homey.

Hopefully they'll pass along a couple of pictures for me to share; for now here's a (somewhat blury) shot of the three of us in central Potsdam.

1 comment:

Corrinne said...

Thanks for a great week, Paul! You are an awesome host and tour guide. We enjoyed the visit and are still talking about the awesome donuts we had this morning. I told Jason tonight that I won't be surprised if I have a cavity the next time I visit the dentist with all the sugar I had this trip. Of course we ate the Ritter bar you gave us as soon as we got to our B&B tonight. :) It was a long walk, as the taxi dropped us off on the other side of town accidentially, so we had to eat something to regain our strength. Anyway, thanks again! We decided that you should move somewhere else interntionally so we can visit you there too (unless, of course, you're coming back to Tacoma, which would be our first choice)...perhaps a second post-doc at Oxford? :)