01 January 2010

Skiing in Utah

Before Christmas we took a quick trip to Alta with the family. This was Iva's second Allen Family Ski Trip (not to be confused with a "vacation"). Her skiing has improved a lot - she is able to tackle most any blue (intermediate) run with linked parallel turns and style. Here she is enjoying the view.

The brothers were present, of course, and we had some good times cutting up the slopes together. Here they are in Snowbird's Mineral Basin.


A picture of myself, with the Salt Lake basin in the background.


My father demonstrates proper hand and body positioning as he descends from the top of Snowbird. I like this big rocky mountain to the north.


My mother found a friend in the gift shop. (I think this was to be Mark's Christmas present.)


From Utah we all traveled together to Seattle, where we celebrated Christmas. We kept the celebrations low key, which I appreciated, taking time for the Canonical Candlelight Christmas Eve service, this year at University Presbyterian.

No comments: