
"Krompirusha" is always a favorite. Iva discovered a new technique which yields flat, rather than rolled, geometry and saves a lot of time.

We were the lucky recipients of a Cornish game hen, which we baked and enjoyed with some veggie-laden stuffing.

Now, on to the sweets: We had preserves-filled crepes one day for dinner. Why not?

I made several attempts at berry muffins. These were deemed "failed" by the authors of Baking Illustrated, but nevertheless tasted great. I suspect extra liquid snuck in attached to the frozen berries (which were raspberries, not the blueberries indicated in the instructions).

A peach-topped cake was also made, and completely eaten before the photographer could even get out the camera! Needless to say, it was a hit.
We also had several good/interesting experiences dining out. A great quantity of good Asian food was had while at a conference in San Francisco, including two meals of dim sum and a very delicious, but quirky vegan-food-saves-the-world meal at the edge of chinatown.
Here in Portland we enjoyed an early morning breakfast at Fullers Coffeehouse on the edge of the Pearl and just this past week we tried out GrĂ¼ner, a new and very classy German restaurant. (It was Iva's birthday.) Iva had a wonderful Schnitzel, while I had a fantastic Spätzle with rabbit. One thing I really liked about the place is that it avoids the cheesy pseudo-Bavarian thing and is simply a good, European-style restaurant.
1 comment:
"Krompirusha"? Not heard of it, but I'm curious. That cornish game hen sounds delicious!! ;)
Post a Comment