My parents payed me a visit while I was there. We enjoyed the holiday weekend (Tag der Einheit - Unification Day) by exploring a bit of the Brandenburg countryside, and also taking a day trip into Berlin.
Here they are in from of Schloss Sanssouci.

We visited the Potsdam market, which had all sorts of nice fall produce.


On a bike ride around several of the lakes here in Brandenburg, we passed by the summer home of Albert Einstein.

Here we are enjoying a coffee break at the great Saturday market at Kollwitz Platz in Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin.

We wrapped up the trip with an authentic Berlin meal at a pub in the Mitte neighborhood. My dad tried the traditional quark-and-potatoes meal. (Quark is a dairy product somewhere between cheese and yogurt.)
1 comment:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the restaurant where you, Iva, Mark and I ate? I like the fall pictures and miss the German food!!
Post a Comment