11 October 2008

Ostermalms Saluhalt

Thomas, one of the other postdocs at Mittag-Leffler, took me to the Ostermalms Saluhalt, a market hall in central Stockholm. There has been a market in this building for over 100 years, if I understood correctly! To survive the onslaught of Lidl and Coop-Konsum, it has gone a bit upscale, but is a very fun place to come for lunch.

Here is a view of the building as one approaches from the metro station.
Here is one of the many cheese counters. The Swedes have some good cheese, I can assure you...


I really like all the fall produce. Here are three very interesting types of mushrooms. The ones on the left seem to be very popular.


One cannot pass up this aisle...


We had a nice lunch of seafood stew; the broth was based on dill and saffron, which was quite enjoyable.

No comments: