06 April 2009

Weekend in the sun

We just spent a lovely weekend enjoying the sun in Portland.

First on the bill was a nice walk through Sellwood with some friends from WI, with stops at bakery and cafe, of course. We enjoyed the spring breeze and the blooming cherry trees.

Sunday morning we made cinnamon rolls with the gang and enjoyed a nice chat over breakfast.

In the afternoon we took the MAX light rail to end of the line and rode our bikes to Forest Grove and back. The fields along the Tualatin river and views of St. Helens, Adams, and Hood all made for a very peaceful ride.

A good relaxing weekend, which was exactly what the doctor ordered.

1 comment:

The Eyes said...

I would love to have some homemade cinnamon rolls with you Mr. Allen. I'm glad you're back in T-town. I can't wait until our paths cross again.