02 September 2008

Food in Stockholm

I'm really enjoying the food in Stockholm. There is an abundance of nice cafes which serve sandwiches, quiches (called "paj" here), and yummy desserts (along with lots of coffee). My first day, I found a really cute cafe on a side street in Gamla Stan and enjoyed this yummy lunch. Notice it comes with a small salad, this seems to be typical.


Several days later, I ended up at the Cafe Rival on Sodermalm and enjoyed this "sandwich" for dinner.


And of course I had to try out (several of) the "konditori" which are easily found. I enjoyed this cinnamon-cardamom roll.


I should mention that the coffee always comes with a refill, and that there is always free tap water to drink. Finally, many places have a lunch special which, for about $10 includes a main course, a small salad, a drink, and a cup of coffee. In expensive Stockholm this is quite a deal.

1 comment:

Corrinne said...

I love it when you take pictures of food! :) These look like yummy dishes. I didn't realize you were already in Sweden. Enjoy your time there!