03 June 2009

Beard & White Socks

I had my beard removed today by Dave at Thee Barber Shop on Pacific Ave. (A place I highly recommend, by the way.) Beard season is over, for me at least, until next fall. Here is a picture of the beard just before it went...Here is the "new me" - beardless! Most likely in the process of losing my beard, I've also lost any small bit of "street cred" I might have had in the classroom. Oh, well.
(Iva really doesn't like it when I wear my "office shoes" with socks. What do you think?)

1 comment:

brian said...

Tough call, Paul. It's really hard to say whether the "office shoes" with socks look further reduces your already diminished "street cred" in the classroom or if it might somehow give you back some of what was--so wrongfully?--lost when you made that fateful trip to the barber shop earlier today. Then again you must have been getting really freakin' hot with all that facial hair, and also if my time line is accurate, you're not going to be needing any of that coveted "street cred" in the classroom until well into next beard season.

Seems as though it all works out in the end, this complicated calculus of beards, socks, shoes, and cred.

Hope you're well.