04 February 2008

Nordic Skiing in Davos

We spent two days nordic skiing near Davos, located just over a small pass from Klosters. Here I am in the train station with my skis.


It was snowing quite hard the first day. We ended up breaking trail both ways, despite the trail having been groomed the day before. Here I am passing by the outbuildings of a dairy.


Our second day in Davos was beautiful and sunny. We skied up a long valley to a small town, where we had a picnic lunch. On the return trip we stopped by a Gastatte for coffee and a torte before making the speedy descent to the train station. Here is a selection of pictures.






1 comment:

brian said...

Wow! What a beautiful place. Skiing in the Alps -- not bad. ;-)

Tiffany and I skied into the Hager Mountain fire lookout near Silver Lake last weekend. It was quite an adventure, arriving after dark, in the wind, etc. Beautiful, though.

And now it's starting to feel like spring already. Hello from balmy Portland. ;-)