16 December 2007

Cooking

I haven't just been doing math all day & night - I've also been cooking! Last night's dinner was polenta topped with a red sauce and served mushrooms & zucchini which had been sauteed with garlic and balsamic vinegar. I've become a regular at the weekly farmers market [one vendor now recognises me!], and spend each Saturday morning figuring out different ways to cook the local produce.

Here's a recent pasta dish with mushrooms and bell pepper, served with beans and bread from the Wiener Feinbacker.
[My apologies for the poor picture quality - my digital camera has quit and I've been reduced to the camera on my cell phone...]

And of course, being an Allen, one must not neglect dessert! Here's a cake I made last week with apples and hazelnuts.


This week's project - chocolate chip cookies. I can't find chocolate chips in any store, so I've taken to dicing up large chocolate bars...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant cookie. Just brilliant. Reminds me of the old Norse proverb, “Cookies are made of butter and love.”

Corrinne said...

No chocolate chips?! Crazy!!