17 April 2010

Easter Work Party

We had my parents and brother Eric over for an Easter work party a couple of weeks ago. During spring break, I had made a number of raised beds for our veggies to live in. (The dirt around our house is full of junk - I didn't want to eat food raised in it!) Here I am in construction mode:

A view of the empty beds along the back of our house. The only thing that's missing is dirt!


The day before Easter I had 10 yd^3 of dirt delivered to our driveway. The family generously spent the day helping us move it into the beds. My dad was the "rake king", spreading out the dirt delivered to the beds.



Eric loaded buckets from the pile in the driveway and carried them up the front stairs...
...where I put the dirt into the wheel barrow and moved it around the house.

Mom (behind the camera, as always) did her share as well.

We celebrated the moving of the dirt with a great meal at Miss Delta, our local source of Louisiana cuisine.

The next day we went to church at Trinity, and then had a wonderful Easter lunch - we put one of grandpa's pot roasts in the slow cooker all night and came up with this. Yum!

Our Easter meal:

2 comments:

Mark said...

Wow, those cedar boards look really heavy duty!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, those cedar boards look really heavy duty!!

-Mark